Us Treasury blacklists more Iran officials
US Treasury blacklists six individuals and three entities linked to the Iranian regime including Tehran’s notorious Evin Prison and the Ansar-e Hezbollah.
The following individuals have been added to OFAC’s SDN List:
- Tehran’s notorious Evin Prison
- Abdulali Ali-Asgari, an Iranian media executive who is the current director-general of Iran‘s IRIB.
- Hossein Allahkaram is an ultraconservative figure and former military officer. He is head of the coordination council of Iran‘s Ansar-e Hezbollah, an entity dispatched to crackdown anti-regime protests.
- Abolhassan Firouzabadi, Secretary of Iran‘s Supreme Council of Cyberspace.
- Abdolsamad Khoramabadi, Chair of Iran‘s Commission to Determine the Instances of Criminal Content
- Abdolhamid Mohtasham, head of Iran’s Ansar-e Hezbollah
- Iran‘s Ansar-e Hezbollah, a repressive plainclothes entity dispatched to quell anti-regime protests.